- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry: An international professional organization whose membership consists of psychiatrists working with addiction, faculty at various academic institutions, medical students, residents and fellows, and related health professionals.
- AsMA: Aerospace Medical Association
- CDC: Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- COPE: Coalition on Physician Education in Substance Use Disorders
- DEA: U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- NAABT: The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment.
- NADDI: National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators
- ONDCP: Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Suboxone: Treatment options and information about opioid dependence and recovery.
- UNODC: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- WHO: World Health Organization
- World Health Organization's HINARI (Health Internetwork Access to Research Initiative) The web portal allows HINARI users to search and access full-text articles directly from the Pubmed (Medline) database.